Wednesday, October 12, 2011

 “If a man should go about and utter wind and lies, saying, “I will preach to you of wine and strong drink,” he would be the preacher for this people!” - Micah 2:11
Some things never change. Crowds gather every Sunday where they will hear heartwarming sermons that tickle the ear and bring a good laugh. The stories are interesting and the points reinforce "It's all about me!" Such sermons are preached by those who give the people what they want... not what they need.
I heard of a pastor who was encouraged just last week for preaching the "hard stuff". I say amen and amen. The people of Israel needed a Word from the Lord, not the uttering of "hot air". The need is no different today, for we need a Word from the Lord that not only comforts, but corrects, counsels and calls us to new heights of discipleship.
Pray for your Pastor my friend. Ask that the Lord will give him courage to preach what people need... not what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment