Sunday, October 2, 2011

“And the Lord said to me, “Amos, what do you see?” And I said, “A plumb line.” Then the Lord said, “Behold, I am setting a plumb line in the midst of my people Israel; I will never again pass by them; the high places of Isaac shall be made desolate, and the sanctuaries of Israel shall be laid waste, and I will rise against the house of Jeroboam with the sword.”” – Amos 7:8-9
I'm a little quirky about pictures and other hanging items in our house. They need to be straight or I can't be at peace. That's why I have a number of levels throughout the house. While I can see the tilted picture, I prefer to use a tool to make sure that everything is level.
God is just as concerned about our lives being straight. So, He has given us the "plumb line" of His Word to keep us level. For this reason we need to be in the Word every day. Furthermore, the Lord has placed Jesus in the very center of our lives so we would be conformed to His image. (Romans 8:29)
Remember that we have all fallen short of the mark my friend (Romans 3:23) and even redeemed and converted souls need to level their lives from time to time. But, never try to straighten things out by eye-balling the situation. Use the "plumb line" of God and line things up to be Christ-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment