Friday, March 25, 2011

"But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." -- Acts 20:24
A lot happens along the way of a marathon. There are moments of exhaustion, occasions when a runner may stumble and there are times when injuries will almost overwhelm. But every committed athlete is determined to finish.
Paul was just such an athlete. He was on a course received from the Lord. The race was far more important than his personal life. No matter what challenges or setbacks came his way, he had only one goal. Paul was determined to finish.
You are also in a race assigned by the Lord my friend. Your course is set and it will take you through many turns and over numerous hills. The hardships will be great and exhaustion may be unbearable. But, with the grace and strength of the Lord, you will run well. Just be sure to have one goal... be determined to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment