Tuesday, February 22, 2011

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.  For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” – Isaiah 43:2-3 
I was lying in the leaves and brush with a severely broken ankle. My motorcycle was a wreck and I wondered if my riding buddy would find me. Eventually I heard his bike approaching and in a short while I was in a hospital bed with a brand new cast. It's never wise to ride alone.
The Lord spoke softly and kindly to his people Israel in these verses. He had formed and named her and she was his. Therefore, the Lord would be with her through the waters and the fire. His protective hand would always be there because he loved her (verse 4). Israel would never walk alone.
When you trusted the Lord as your Savior my friend, you came to the One could formed you and loves you... you are His. Therefore, he will be with you wherever you go, as he says in Hebrews 13:5, “... I will never leave you nor forsake you.” No matter how high the water rises, he will keep you safe, no matter how hot the flames may be, he will protect you. With Jesus, you'll never walk alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment