Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Then he said to me, “The guilt of the house of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great. The land is full of blood, and the city full of injustice. For they say, ‘The Lord has forsaken the land, and the Lord does not see.’" -- Ezekiel 9:9

Were we not shocked when our mothers knew what we did in the kitchen? We couldn't figure out how she found out, since she was upstairs. Is it really true that mothers have eyes in the back of their heads? That may not be true, but there is certainly one maxim that is… "no creature is hidden from his sight, but are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)

The people of Israel were suffering from more than just a sin condition. They believed that God was out of touch and out of town. There was a sense of abandon to sinful desires and idolatry that concluded that God was unable to see all and know all. We live in a similar state today.
Are you aware that your every move and thought is in plain sight of the Lord my friend? Consider the words of Psalm 139:2-3, "You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether." This comforting fact can also be a most convicting truth, because the Lord certainly does see.


No comments:

Post a Comment