Thursday, June 30, 2011

"But I acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations ... But I acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations... But I withheld my hand and acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations...  but my holy name you shall no more profane with your gifts and your idols... And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I deal with you for my name's sake" -- Ezekiel 20:9, 14, 22, 39, 44
There was a time when the family name was honored above all other things. Whether in business or social activities, the family name was to be held high and protected from any blemish. In fact, Solomon considered a good name of utmost value. (Proverbs 22:1)
The Lord's Name, above all other names was and is to be hallowed. It must never be profaned. This truth was stated as the third commandment in Exodus 20:7 and the Lord’s Prayer in Matthew 6:9. Yet, we find it profaned in word and deed during the later history of Israel. His name had lost all value to His people.
Do you value the Name of the Lord my friend? Do you honor His name in word and deed? Are you careful to protect His name from blemish by your lifestyle and public walk? Be careful to hold the Lord’s name high and keep it hallowed before the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment