Sunday, June 19, 2011

"And he said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey." -- Ezekiel 3:3
In bitter days of great rebellion and darkness of soul, there is sweetness to found. When the morning news speaks of godless agendas and immoral conduct, there are pleasant words of which to partake. When the heartache and grief surrounds us with painful wails, there are comforting songs in which to rejoice. Where can we find such relief and promising words? Look to the pages of God's Holy writ and hear His counsel... "Son of man, all my words that I shall speak to you receive in your heart, and hear with your ears." (Ezekiel 3:10) 
My friend, search the Scriptures and you will find sweet truths to nurture and feed your soul. No matter how troubling the days may be, there will always be a word from the Lord. And that word will lift you high above the storm and sooth your heart with unspeakable joy. These are the words that are... "More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb." (Psalm 19:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment