Thursday, June 23, 2011

"'And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God." -- Ezekiel 11:19-20
Why does anyone have major surgery? What are the expectations for life afterward? Do we not look for a better quality of life? That is the real key; "quality of life". When we receive a heart by-pass or heart transplant, the experience is life changing and the quality of life should improve dramatically.
The prophet tells of a spiritual heart surgery promised for a future day. That day has come for those who have faith in Jesus Christ. They have received a new heart and spirit that they may walk in the Lord's statutes and keep His rules and obey them. Basically, their "quality of life" is expected to improve dramatically.
Has your life improved dramatically my friend? Since you have trusted Jesus as your Savior, has there been a marked change? God gives us everything new so our daily walk will be new. As a result of a new heart and spirit working within, are you experiencing a better "quality of life"?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment