Thursday, November 12, 2009


"Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.” Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?” Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains." - John 9:39-41 (NIV)

When I grew up, Doctors would visit the home when you were sick and today, we visit them. When I was young, I was rarely interested in having such a visit. Little has changed over the years, because I would rather be healthy any day, than need to visit a medical professional. But when I'm hurting... I get my tired old bones up and off we go to get better. If I'm sick, I go to the Doc.
The real issue is not who makes the visit, but that the visit is made. When we are sick we need a physician. Going deeper though, is the question of whether we are willing to admit that we are sick. It's the same with our spirtitual sickness. Jesus sad, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin". In other words, if you will admit to your blind and sin-sick condition, there is a cure. If you're sick... go to the Doc.
You may be seperated from God because you're sick with sin. You may know the Lord and still be sick with sin. As long as "you claim you can see, your guilt remains". Jesus came as the Great Physician "so that the blind will see". If you're willing to admit to your illness, there is a cure in Jesus.  If you're sick... go to the Doc!!

No comments:

Post a Comment