Saturday, November 14, 2009

"... He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." - John 10:3-4 (NIV)
If it's not bad enough that we have been reduced to mere numbers by most companies that we deal with, others can never get our names right. I get mail every day, addressed to Mr. Jimmie Sant, Mr. Sant Van, Mr. Van J. Sant and other mind-boggling mistakes. Does anyone, other my dear wife and children, really know my name?
Well, there is someone who not only knows my name, but also cares for me in a very personal way. He knows when I lay down to sleep and when I wake. He greets me in the morning, having already been there to prepare the way. "He" is Jesus, the Good Shepherd. I'm not a number to him, because I am one of his sheep, and there is no greater encouragement in life.
If Jesus is not your Shepherd today, He is calling you by name, to a brand new life. If Jesus is your Shepherd today, he is calling you by name, into a whole new day. He has gone ahead of you and simply asks that you follow him. He has laid down his life for you so "you may have life, and have it to the full" (verse 10). Jesus is calling... just listen to his voice and follow HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment