Sunday, May 31, 2020

"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." -- John 15:10-11
As my boys grew up they did abide in my love. How was that you ask? Because I loved them I provided them with nutritious food to eat, not just candy and cookies that they might have preferred. Because I loved them I insisted that they attend school and complete their school work. To this end they both have master degrees and possess sharpened skills to succeed in life. As a result they are joyful servants of the King of Kings.
In the same way, the Lord has given commandments to express His love and fill our lives with blessings and joy. With this thought in mind John wrote in 1 John 5:3, "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."
I never pressed my sons with meaningless rules and expectations and the Lord doesn't do this either. His commandments are intended to bring spiritual growth, blessing and joy into our lives. Step back and consider the love of God my friend and give thanks for the way in which he guides your steps... that your joy might be full.

Not that we are the masters over YOUR faith, but we are fellow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment