Thursday, June 16, 2016

One Voice

"May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." -- Romans 15:5-6
My lovely wife works diligently as the Director of Music at our church. Among her many responsibilities, she serves as the Choir Director. Jayne works with the talented and not so talented seeking to bring the highest praise to our Lord. She labors for hours before practice and hours during practice to accomplish one of many goals; that together we might, with one voice, glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
As my wife, so did Paul strive toward the same goal... one voice glorifying God. There is no greater testimony of heaven on earth than a church that lives in harmony with one voice for God's glory. Let your prayer and every effort be given to this end my friend. By this alone will the world know that the Father has sent the Son.
Jesus prayed in John 17:22-23, "The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me." Let us glorify the Lord today in harmony with one voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment