Saturday, June 4, 2016

He will have compassion

"For the Lord will not cast off forever, but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men." -- Lamentations 3:31-33
When  I  found  the  need  to  discipline  my  sons in their  younger  years, I never enjoyed the process. After all was said and done, I was as much relieved; even  more than they were. My love for them was a driving force to see them joyful again.
Jesus taught, in Matthew 7:11 "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" Therefore, if my love was a driving force for my son's happiness, how much more is our Heavenly Father's love for us? As Jeremiah said, "he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love".
While there may be occasions that require a corrective work from God my friend, "He does not willingly afflict". All that He does in our lives comes from a loving heart that desires the very best for His children. In response, consider the words of verse 40, "Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment