Friday, June 24, 2016

HE is Lord!

"And they shall know that I am the Lord" -- Ezekiel 15, 16, 20
I well remember when I experienced a major chastening of the Lord in my life. The message was clear and brought significant results. I returned to serious living for God and gained a deeper appreciation for His holiness. Putting it all together, I came to know the He was Lord... not me.
The people of Israel were under the persuasion that they were in charge with no accountability for their actions. They had strayed far from the Lord and His chastening hand was about to place them in exile. All this was done with one great goal in mind... that they would know that He was Lord.
My friend, have you bowed before Jesus and prayed as Paul in Acts 22:10, "What shall I do, Lord?" Have you acknowledged that He alone is Lord, not yourself? Does He sit on the throne of your life every week, day and hour? Only one can be Lord, and that one is not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment