Sunday, May 25, 2014

Why?

"Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”"  - John 6:26-27 
Why? Why do we do what we do at any time in life? Why do we pursue an education? Why do we marry that certain someone? Why do we choose one job over another? Why do we drive one car rather than another? Why, Why, Why. The most important of all the whys should be ... Why do you seek Jesus?
Little has changed over the years since Jesus fed the five thousand. People still seek Jesus for strictly temporal reasons. Feed me, bless me, enrich me ... give me stuff, stuff and more stuff. Is this all there is my friend? The answer is not found blowing in the wind ... the answer is found in the words of Jesus ... seek the "food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you."
Why will you seek Jesus today? Will you seek him for eternal life? Will you seek Him for eternal values in the hours ahead? Will you seek Him for ... HIM? Missionary Jim Elliot said it best when he wrote, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."

No comments:

Post a Comment