Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?”  -- Matthew 26:53-54
Occasionally I purchase a chair or small appliance that requires assembly. The process moves along quite well until I come to that one piece just won't fit. Now I have two choices; I can return to the store and exchange the piece for one that actually fits, or I can force the original one into place. Whenever I choose to force the process, things just don't work. The right fit is the best fit.
The time came for the atoning work of Jesus. It would involve tremendous sacrifice and distress for our Savior, but this was the only way for redemption to be achieved. Furthermore, the crown awaited our Lord, but only through the cross. Jesus could have called twelve legions of angels and forced the process, but the right fit is the best fit.
There are times that the Lord calls you to make serious sacrifices my friend. You might be tempted to force the issue to another path that would seem better and easier. The price to achieve the goal may seem too great, uncomfortable and undesirable. But as you reflect on the choice our Savior made when he went to Calvary, consider that the right choice is always fulfilling the Lord's will. Remember, the right fit is always the best fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment