Thursday, February 8, 2018

Think before you speak...

"Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin." - Psalm 17:3
Teleprompters have often been real life savers. Some public figures are masters at using these tools for their speeches. There are those who are well spoken when given pre-written words, but when they're on their own, watch out! The difference is the time and thought behind the spoken word. My Dad used to say time and again... Think before you speak.
David was a man of words. He wrote a wide array of Psalms and expressed his faith in many ways. He also spoke to many people as a military leader, king, husband, father and man of God. It was imperative that he speak well and carefully. How did he accomplish this monumental task? He simply "resolved that my mouth will not sin" David was most careful to... Think before he spoke.
Today you will talk to many people. I doubt that you will be using a Teleprompter when you speak. So, do you have a plan of action to speak in a God honoring manner? Have you resolved that your mouth will not sin? Take a word of advice from David and my Dad... Think before you speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment