Saturday, March 18, 2017

He can fix it...

"And Jesus said to him, 'If you can! All things are possible for one who believes.' Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, 'I believe; help my unbelief!'" - Mark 9:23-24
When my vehicle is in need of repair I take it to the auto shop. I walk in, tell my tale of woe, hand them the keys and sit down in the waiting room. Usually, in a short time the car is back to normal and I'm on the road again. I take my auto needs to those in whom I have confidence because I believe they can fix the problem.
For this father belief in the ability of Jesus was his first hurdle. The Lord dealt with the issue as quickly as the words were spoken. "All things are possible for one who believes." The response was one of great wisdom, "I believe, help my unbelief". In the face of struggles and storms we can always come to Jesus. But we need to have confidence that He can fix the problem.
Are you in the waiting room, resting in the power and abilities of Jesus my friend? Have you placed your life with all its hardships in his capable hands? When doubt raises its ugly head remember to "TRUST in the Lord with ALL YOUR HEART, and do not lean on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). Join this father in prayer with the simple request, "I believe; help my unbelief".

No comments:

Post a Comment