Friday, July 15, 2016

Is He Hidden?

"And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.'" -- Ezekiel 39:29
Do you ever feel that the Lord is far away? Does it seem that His face is hidden when you pray? The time that we are reading about was just such an occasion, "I dealt with them according to their uncleanness and their transgressions, and hid my face from them. (Verse 24) Unconfessed sin is a deafening blow.
Yet, when the Lord forgives the repentant soul, His Spirit brings freedom of fellowship and the joy of His salvation. (Psalm 51:11-12). As the prophet speaks of the House of Israel, so the individual believer can have restored fellowship. Confessed sin is a healing balm.
The choice is yours my friend. The Lord's face is only hidden from a life of chosen rebellion and transgression. When the prodigal returns, the waiting Father is ready and willing to forgive and restore. (Luke 15:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment