Wednesday, October 31, 2012


"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ" - Philippians 3:8 
We don't trade or barter much in our society. Everything is cash or credit. But I well remember my younger years before I was allowed to work for a salary. If I noticed something of great interest that a friend owned I would often offer to trade something I owned for such a prize. Sometimes I would trade far more than the treasure cost. But in my eyes, it was always worth the trade.
Paul recognized a treasure when he saw one. And he realized that such a treasure was knowing, gaining and being found in Christ Jesus . This prize was of great surpassing worth and nothing in his life would compare. Nothing that Paul had could bring equal satisfaction to his soul. So, he was willing to lose everything to gain Christ, because he knew that HE was worth the trade.
What are your treasures my friend? Is there anything that you want that you would give up everything to gain? Have you reached the place in your life to realize that the greatest prize is Christ? Are you wiling to give up or "trade" whatever would hinder knowing Him better? This is a classic "no brainer" since Jesus is always worth the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment