Monday, July 11, 2011

"I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice." -- Ezekiel 34:16
In the darkest hour there is hope. The Lord is, and always has been a gracious, compassionate Shepherd of souls. He cares for the lost, strays, injured and weak. He is distraught by those leaders that abuse His people and fail to provide for their spiritual welfare. The Lord is committed to the nurture and admonition of His sheep.
As you consider the above passage this morning, be encouraged by the Shepherd-Heart of our Lord. Wherever you may be today, He is seeking you out as He sought Adam in the garden. He knows if you're lost or injured and wants to bring you home to heal your wounds. The Lord yearns to restore your soul.
Listen to the footsteps of the Savior my friend. He is walking up behind and along side. His hand is on your shoulder and His arms are embracing you even as you read this page. Be comforted with the words of Isaiah 46:3-4 and rest in the arms of your Good Shepherd, "Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save."

No comments:

Post a Comment