Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Be Fearless...

Today's Readings: OT - Jeremiah 5:14-31 / NT + Ephesians 6

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." - Ephesians 6:19-20
Fear can be a crippling emotion. There are those who are afraid of dogs, snakes, spiders, crowds, darkness, heights and some are even afraid of peanut butter. Fear is no respecter of persons or things. The truth is if we don't overcome our fears, our fears will overcome us.

Paul, of all people, asked for prayer to be fearless. He was passionate for Christ and burned with desire to see others come to know his Savior. Yet, he sought prayer to "fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel". In light of mentioning this twice, one might conclude that Paul struggled with fear. Yet, for the sake of the gospel, he chose to overcome and be fearless.

You may be afraid of many things my friend, but never allow fear to hold you back from witnessing. Pray and enlist others to pray that you will be fearless, "...as you should".  Rememberif you don't overcome fear, your fear will overcome you. Be fearless and make the good news known to someone today.
Tomorrow's Readings: OT - Jeremiah 6 / NT + Psalms 54-55

SPECIAL NOTE: On this day in history... God blessed the world with the most wonderful person I know! It's been far more than a joy and incredible thrill to be blessed with her as my sweet wife and mother of our sons. Today on her birthday I stand in the gates of the city and proclaim... I have found the woman of Proverbs 31... "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels." Happy Birthday to my awesome BFF and wife... Jayne Elizabeth Van Sant!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment