Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Reach of blessing …

"And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me." - Matthew 25:40
Speaking as a father, I have always appreciated those who have been kind to my sons. There have been those who contributed assistance in moments of emergency and those who have opened their homes to provide encouragement and mentoring. From one degree to the other, when my family has been blessed, I have been blessed.

While Jesus spoke of kingdom issues in this passage, he also revealed His heart for His family. Another revealing moment was when the Lord appeared to Saul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus in Acts 9:4. In response to Saul's persecution of believers, Jesus asked "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting ME?" When the Lord's family hurts, He hurts... and when His family is blessed He is blessed.

Be very careful how you treat the family of God my friend. Should you choose to offend or abuse a child of God, you may be certain that you are offending and abusing the Lord too. When you make a concerted effort to provide care, compassion and encouragement to a fellow believer, you are also doing it to the Lord. When His family is blessed, so is He.

No comments:

Post a Comment