Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Great Physician...

"Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” - Mark 2:3-5 
One afternoon, during my college years, I broke my ankle while trail riding on my motorcycle. I was quite a distance from the road and a hospital. My friend, who was riding with me, took me out of the brush on his motorcycle and to another friend's house. From there they took me to the hospital, transported in the back of an old Volkswagen Bug. The rides were creative and bumpy, but they got me to the physician.
Bringing people to the Lord can be just as difficult. The paralytic in this passage was blessed with four friends who were determined to bring him to Jesus. They were willing to do anything necessary to make this happen. With a little creativity and hard work, four men succeeded in bringing their friend to the Great Physician.
Every day the Lord uses creativity and hard work to bring people to himself. Are you ready and willing to be one of those who will bring others to him? Do you know someone who needs the Lord today? Will you make the effort to carry your friend or neighbor out of the brush and down the road to the Great Physician?

No comments:

Post a Comment