Saturday, July 28, 2018

Our Portion...

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." -- Psalm 73:23-26 
How many people languish over the wealth and success of others? They live in a world of "shoulda, coulda, woulda". Envy floods their hearts when they see the lifestyle of the rich and famous and they wonder where they went wrong. Yet, in the face of eternity, all the wealth and success in life will never amount to anything. The greatest eternal value is being personally held in the right hand of God.
This psalm comes from a struggling soul who had great difficulty dealing with the abundance of the wicked. Why live righteously and have nothing to show for such a choice? But, when he looked within the sanctuary and within his soul, the truth came to light. The psalmist was wealthier than any one on earth, since the Lord was his "portion forever".
What drives your life my friend? What do you define as success and what do you value the most? "Stuff" will come and go throughout the years, but when you walk with the Lord, he holds you by his right hand. Step back and take inventory. What is your most precious possession? When the Lord is your portion, earth will have nothing you desire besides him, for he is the strength of your heart. With the Lord, you have wealth and success beyond imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment