Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Saving Grace...

"O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me. Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin. My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear... O LORD, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior." - Psalm 38:1-4, 21-22 
Discipline is always difficult. Whether we are corrected by our parents, school teachers or the local authorities, the process is still painful at best. The ideal hope is for a learning process that will lead to the correction of bad behavior. Discipline should ultimately be a help that will save us.
David knew that he was suffering from the corrective hand of God. He had lost health and soundness due to his sin. He was a Godly man, not just because he most often lived for God, but because he also acknowledged his sin whenever he failed God. David was overwhelmed with his guilt and sought the Lord for help and salvation. 
Are you willing to acknowledge your sin when God comes knocking at your door? When suffering comes your way is it possible that the Lord is working to purge you of habits that will destroy you? Why continue day by day with guilt that weighs you down? The Lord will never forsake you, so cry out to him in repentance and ask that he comes quickly to help you with his saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment