Sunday, November 20, 2016

According to HIS word!

"And Mary said, 'Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.'" - Luke 1:38
When I was young, every guy in the neighborhood played sandlot baseball. I wasn't very good at the game, but I played every weekend. The reason I got to play was because I showed up early and played anywhere they put me. Someone has said that success is 10% skill and 90% showing up. That may be an over-simplification, but it does emphasize the real issue of effective ministry. Those are most used who "show up" when needed.
Mary was a true and successful servant of the Lord. She showed up when called and was willing to serve in any way the Lord asked. No matter how embarrassing or demanding, the simple response to God's direction was, "let it be to me according to your word." Most believers would find greater joy and fulfillment if they would just be willing to show up and play wherever the coach put them.
How about you my friend? Are you serving in the way the Lord has called you? Or have you complicated matters by inserting your plans over and above God's will? Why not take the simple path of happiness and success by starting every day with the prayer, "let it be to me according to your word."

No comments:

Post a Comment