Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"" -- 1 Corinthians 12:21
Since I had knee surgery I have been very cautious in how I bend. Over the summer I was so cautious that I lifted the wrong way and injured my back. Each part of my body is important and needs proper care, because each part is needed.
Paul gave wise counsel to a church family that had suffered from divisiveness. There was no member that was any more important than the next. Paul wrote in verse 27, "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."  As each one is a part, each one is important. They are all needed.
As a member of the body of Christ you are important. You have spiritual gifts and purposes that have been given by the Spirit of God. While these are incredibly significant, always remember that the body is made up of many parts. We are all important and all needed.

Think about this: "Church-goers are like coals in a fire. When they cling together, they keep the flame aglow; when they separate, they die out."
                       - Billy Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment