Friday, August 31, 2012


"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." -- 1 Corinthians 15:58
One of the first jobs I had as a high school student was working in a paint store. I stocked paint, mixed paint, sold paint and even rolled paint. I unloaded trucks, emptied cartons, swept floors and cut up boxes for the dumpster. I worked hard, but I knew that at the end of the week I would receive a pay envelope filled with cold hard cash. My labor was never in vain.
Paul's teaching on the resurrection is a great motivator. The promise of a glorified body in our future gives us hope and a driving force to press on in our spiritual lives. The work of the ministry may be hard and exhausting, but as we push ourselves for Jesus there will be a final day when pay envelopes are handed out. Then we will find, not cold hard cash, but an imperishable body that will inherit the kingdom of God. Our labor for the Lord is never in vain.
Last week, or last month may have been grueling. You may be so tired and almost too weary to continue. Don't give up my friend. The way may be hard, but the end will be sweet. Keep your eye on the prize and be assured that your labor in the Lord is never in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment