Friday, September 24, 2010

"The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"" -- 1 Corinthians 12:21
The day after I had knee surgery I made my way to the eye doctor with a retina problem. It didn't matter how uncomfortable my leg was; my eye needed care. While my leg was important enough for corrective surgery, my eye was just as important. I need them both.
Paul gave wise counsel to a church family that had suffered from divisiveness. There was no member that was any more important than the next. Paul wrote in verse 27, "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."  As each one is a part, each one is important. They are all needed.
As a member of the body of Christ you are important. You have giftedness and purpose that has been given by the Spirit of God. While this is incredibly significant, always remember that the body is made up of many parts. We are all important and all needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment