Saturday, June 19, 2010

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God." - Psalm 59:16-17
There was a time that I lifted weights for strength training. I would rise early and work out like so many others that I knew and read about. Each morning brought another routine that added to the strength building program. While there are a great number who follow this pattern of life, there are fewer who rise early to seek their deeper Strength.
No matter where David found himself, he rose early to sing of his deeper Strength... the Lord. He even named the Lord "my Strength" as he sang praise to him. As a result of rising every day to seek his Strength, David grew stronger. But, his was not strength from within; it was strength from above.
Where does your strength come from today? Are you growing stronger every day as you rise to seek your "Strength"? In the face of great spiritual battles, we all need Strength from above. As Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:10, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."



No comments:

Post a Comment