Tuesday, November 13, 2018

No record ...

"If you, LORD, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you." -- Psalm 130:3-4
I recently came across my sixth grade report card. Sixth grade wasn't my most stellar year academically. Yet, there it was, a written unchanging record of less than commendable grades. I suppose I could shred it or use it as kindling to start a warm winter fire, but the record still stands. It sure would be nice if some records just didn't exist.
How absolutely amazing, that the Omniscient God of the Universe has no record of his children's sins. With the Lord there is forgiveness and this gracious act is a most comforting and encouraging expression of love. Once forgiven, we'll never find an old time worn record of our sins anywhere. It just doesn't exist.
So, now you're forgiven my friend. What will you do with such a marvelous gift of love as this? Will you live any way that you want or will you strive to serve the Lord, with reverence? We have been forgiven with grace and purpose, live a life worthy of the One who keeps no record of your sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment