Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Fathers, Fear the Lord ...

"He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge." - Proverbs 14:26
In America, this last Sunday was Father's day. It's a day when we remember and honor our fathers for their fatherly care. For some the day passes without notice because they either have no father or their father has been a major heartbreak to the family. But, there are those who have been blessed with a father who "fears the LORD".
There are many things I can be grateful for when I remember my Dad, but the best memories are all about his last few years of life. He became serious about the Lord and leading others to Christ. In his declined health he sought opportunities to study the Bible and then shared it with others. Nothing my Dad ever gave me comes close to the value of seeing him live for Christ. Today, I honor him, because he "feared the LORD".
If you are a father I implore you to "fear the LORD". You will most certainly find in Him a fortress for yourself and your children. Furthermore, from your fear of the LORD, you will have a legacy to pass on to your children that will be a refuge and will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment