Thursday, June 7, 2018

Be at rest...

"I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest - I would flee far away and stay in the desert; Selah... But I call to God, and the LORD saves me." - Psalm 55:6,7,16 
What an experience it is to lift off the runway on a rainy day and rise above the clouds into the sunshine. When everything seems so dreary and life seems to weigh you down, the gray clouds slip away and you seem to float on into a new day. How often would we "fly away and be at rest"?
David wrote this psalm during troubling times in his life. In the midst of great turmoil and rejection he desired the wings of a dove. Then, he would fly away and be at rest from all his problems. But as he continues to write, David settles upon the true rest that comes on the wings of prayer; "But I call to God, and the LORD saves me." True and lasting rest is only found in the LORD.
Whatever your situation my friend, there is no desert that will give you the rest you seek. Look east, west, north, or south, but in every direction you turn there will only be a dry and barren land. Rise up on the wings of prayer and find refreshing and lasting rest in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment