Thursday, December 28, 2017

Overwhelmed with Joy...

"Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.) "  - Revelation 19:6-8
I arrived at church quite early that day. A feeling of excitement and expectation filled my heart. Family and friends came in with pleasant greetings and were seated by well dressed ushers. Time quickly passed and I found myself at the front of the church looking down the aisle at the most radiant and stunning bride I had ever seen. It was my wedding day and I was overwhelmed with joy.
The day is coming when we, the church will be the bride in the greatest wedding of the ages. We will come to that day after millenniums of waiting. Centuries filled with God's people patiently waiting will have come and gone. All the hopes of years gone by will finally be realized. It will be our wedding day and we will be overwhelmed with joy.
Are you weighed down with the pressure and stress of living? Do you wonder if life is just about preparing and never arriving? Does it seem that we have been waiting for Jesus forever? Be assured my friend that the wedding day is on God's calendar and will take place on time. So live and serve in hope and great expectation. Our wedding day is coming... and we will be overwhelmed with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment