Wednesday, May 17, 2017

To Him...

"And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’" - Matthew 25:40
I appreciate it when someone is kind and generous to me. Yet, my gratitude is exponentially multiplied when someone shows kindness and generosity to my wife or my children. I look for ways to honor and recognize such people, because what they did for my family, they did for me.
If we are so moved by the compassion and care shown to our loved ones, how much more the Lord? While it's not possible to tangibly reach out and give the Lord a helping hand, we can definitely touch the life of a brother or sister in the Lord. And, however inconvenient or uncomfortable it might be, when we feed, clothe or visit a child of God, we are doing so to Jesus.
Do you love the Lord my friend? Well, how do you show that love in a tangible way? As you obey His Word, your life becomes a reflection of Him and extends His to love to others. Never be discouraged in your care for the brethren, because...  as you did it to one of the least of these His brothers, you did it to HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment