Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Ray of Hope

"On the mountain height of Israel will I plant it, that it may bear branches and produce fruit and become a noble cedar. And under it will dwell every kind of bird; in the shade of its branches birds of every sort will nest. And all the trees of the field shall know that I am the Lord; I bring low the high tree, and make high the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish. I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it.” -- Ezekiel 17:23-24
The history of Israel and the years of mankind have been filled with rebellion and dark days of judgment. Will there ever be a kingdom of fruitful, noble living? Will there ever be a place of shade and rest, without years of hatred and war? This day is coming, because the Lord Himself will plant a tender twig and it will bear branches that produce fruit.
In the darkness, there shines a ray of hope my friend. You may wonder, of what value is prophetic teaching? Such promise gives us reason to press on and not give up. Yes, the Lord is never frustrated, because He has a plan that will not fail. Be faithful and true, for the king is coming and the entire world will know that He is the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment