Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Trust and Obey...

"The Lord has said to you, O remnant of Judah, ‘Do not go to Egypt.’ Know for a certainty that I have warned you this day that you have gone astray at the cost of your lives. For you sent me to the Lord your God, saying, ‘Pray for us to the Lord our God, and whatever the Lord our God says declare to us and we will do it.’ And I have this day declared it to you, but you have not obeyed the voice of the Lord your God in anything that he sent me to tell you." -- Jeremiah 42:19-21
However sad these pages may be to the reader, the lessons are timeless. We are inundated with books and articles written about the will of God. How can we find the will of God? What are the easiest steps that will show us God's will for our future? Which job should I take, or which school should I attend? Who should I marry or where should I live? The questions are unending, but one question rises above all others... are we willing to do God's will, once it's discovered?
The request was made for Jeremiah to seek God's will and the promise was made to follow His will, no matter what. But after all was revealed, the people followed their own desires, even at the cost of their lives. Wisdom tells us that to know God's will is to obey. He never reveals His plan for our lives without the expectation that we will follow. The hymn writer put it best my friend... "Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment