Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Consecrated before birth

"Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." -- Jeremiah 1:4-5
Take time to consider the overwhelming implications of this passage. God is at work in the lives of His children before we are even conceived. He has plans for our lives to serve and glorify Him. Furthermore, the Lord affirms that He formed us our Mother's womb. Each one of us is a personal creation of the Sovereign of the Universe. We are no mistake and as God's workmanship, we are of great value. Lastly, before we enter the world, God consecrates us to His purpose and work.
All of the above thoughts establish the fact that God does have a "perfect will" for your life. He doesn't simply bring you into this world and set you lose to pick and choose "whatever". I emphasize His title "Sovereign" and remind you my friend, He is our King and we are His servants. Paul worded it this way in Ephesians 2:10, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

No comments:

Post a Comment