Friday, October 23, 2015

A Delight

"If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life." -- Psalm 119:92-93
A few summers ago we traveled to Cape Cod to visit family. During our time there we went Kayaking for the very first time. The rules were numerous and we were required to wear life-jackets. These vests were not the most comfortable while paddling but they were necessary to keep us from the danger of drowning. In troubled waters, to have a life preserver is a delight.
Our spiritual lives are also surrounded by dangerous waters. The waves of life can be treacherous and endanger our spiritual welfare. Therefore we need special spiritual life-jackets to keep us from perishing. The Psalmist knew just the right vest to wear when he wrote "I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life".  In the troubled waters of spiritual storms, to have the life preserver of God's Word is a delight.
Are you dressed for success? Maybe I should ask, are you dressed for survival? The wind and waves of life's storms can be overwhelming. Without a well-fitting life-jacket one is always in danger. Are you fully dressed in the Word of God today my friend? In troubled waters, having the right life-preserver is definitely a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment