Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Daily Listener

"Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.” - Proverbs 8:34-36
"Take it one day at a time". What does that phrase really mean?  We use this counsel regularly to encourage those who are struggling with the troubles of life. But, do we practice it every day, come sunshine or rain? And how do we take each day? Do we greet every morning with anticipation, watching and waiting at the door of God's wisdom? Blessings belong to the daily listener.
The Lord gives wisdom daily. Not weekly or monthly, but daily. Receiving his wisdom is like placing bricks in a wall. When we build a cathedral, we must do it one brick at a time. When we build a life, we must do it one day at a time. And the materials that we use will determine the ultimate quality of that life. Blessings belong to the daily listener.
How do you begin your day my friend? Are you so rushed in the morning hour that you have no time to watch and wait on the Lord? Do you try to make up for lost days once a week? Take... no, make the time every day to seek the Lord's wisdom in his Word and in prayer. Be still, and know that he is God. Blessings belong to the daily listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment