Friday, May 18, 2012

"Then one of the twelve, whose name was Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, 'What will you give me if I deliver him over to you?' And they paid him thirty pieces of silver." - Matthew 26:14-15
As a young man I ignored the call of God in my life. I began to social drink occasionally. Eventually, I was spending an entire weeks paycheck on weekend drinking. I began to smoke occasionally. Eventually, I was smoking three packs of cigarettes a day. Wrong choices can lead to devastating results.
Judas didn't start out with a plan to betray Jesus. Along the way his greed got the best of him and he made a wrong choice about the money bag as recorded in John 12:6, "...he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it."  Eventually, a little greed led to eternal grief. Wrong choices can lead to devastating results.
Where are you going today my friend? What kind of simple choices have you recently made? Have you counted the cost and considered the ultimate outcome of your conduct? The alcoholic begins with one drink. The chain smoker begins with one cigarette. Betraying and denying Jesus begins with choosing to "enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin." (Hebrews 11:25) Wrong choices can lead to devastating results.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment