Thursday, April 12, 2012

"I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.'" - Luke 15:18-19
Failure is never easy to deal with or get beyond. We often believe that there must be a cost to be forgiven and restored. We rarely expect the one that we failed to allow us a new beginning. The way of the world tends to be unforgiving because there is very little love and grace.
This story reveals a similar attitude in the heart of the offending son. He planned to return home, only looking for a job as a hired servant. He was hoping that he might receive simple employment and nothing more, because that was the way of his world. Little did he realize that his father was waiting with a heart full of love and grace.
Have you recently failed the Lord my friend? Are you expecting to be turned away in your request to be restored? Or do you believe the price of forgiveness will be quite demanding? And if you are forgiven will you be given the opportunity to begin again? As the young son found out, so will you... your heavenly Father is waiting with a heart of love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment