Monday, July 4, 2011

"So I spoke to the people in the morning, and at evening my wife died. And on the next morning I did as I was commanded." -- Ezekiel 24:18
Has the Lord asked too much of you lately? Are the sacrifices far too great to bear? Is serving Jesus a far greater challenge than you expected? Well, take a moment and meet Ezekiel. We find a faithful prophet who willingly obeyed in the darkest hour. 
The Lord won't always ask us to make such a demanding effort in our service, but the question is... will we? Are you ready to suffer tremendous loss for the sake of Christ and press on with all diligence? Is the glory and grand purpose of your Savior of greater importance than your own grief?
The words of the Lord are timeless my friend... "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26-27)  Ezekiel lived them before they were spoken, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment