Saturday, July 2, 2011

"And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none." -- Ezekiel 22:30
Moses pleaded for Israel to the point of offering his own life for theirs. Paul prayed the very same way for the lost people of his nation. Such was the kind of man that God sought at the time of Ezekiel's writing, but He found none. Sadder words are not found among the servants of God.
As we look across our nation on this weekend of Independence Day, will the Lord find someone who will build up the wall and stand in the breach before Him for the land? The only hope for the future of this nation is the same as in the above passage. Will someone stand in the breach?
The question comes home to you and me my friend. Will we be counted as prayer warriors for God in this crucial hour? Will we be willing to lay down all that we are to seek the face of God for our nation? When the Lord seeks such men and women, will He find us faithful in prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment