Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"For because of the anger of the LORD things came to the point in Jerusalem and Judah that he cast them out from his presence. And Zedekiah rebelled against the king of Babylon." -- Jeremiah 52:3

From the earliest of time men have understood the sorrow and great tragedy of being cast form the Lord's presence. Cain spoke of this in Genesis 4:13-14 with the words, “My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, you have driven me today away from the ground, and from your face I shall be hidden." There is no greater devastation than to live apart from the Lord's presence.
The unbeliever may not fully comprehend the loss, but when a believer lives in rebellion and suffers the loss of close fellowship with God, there is an emptiness that seems to crush the spirit irreparably. David cried out in Psalm 51:11 "Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me." He knew how great the loss would be from spiritual rebellion and grieving of the Holy Spirit by unrepentant sin.
Treasure your walk with God my friend and never jeopardize the closeness of the Lord by a hard and selfish heart. Join David in Psalm 63:1, "O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

No comments:

Post a Comment