Friday, May 6, 2011

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." -- Jeremiah 15:16
Where do we turn in the midst of turmoil and persecution? We may find reason to complain and grumble over the way we have been treated, but is there any relief? Jeremiah was often plagued with discouragement, but he reminded himself of the sweetness of God's Word and the reassurance of God's call in his life.
Living for Jesus isn't always easy. The trials are many and opposition is no different today than it was in the days of God's "weeping prophet". To stay the course is always a challenge beyond our own strength. The encouragement and power to press on is still the same for us as we find joy and delight in the Word of God and His personal calling. Be strong in Him and never give up my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment