Monday, May 9, 2011

"If I say, “I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,” there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot." -- Jeremiah 20:9
In discouragement Jeremiah tried to be silent about God's message. He thought persecution and humiliation would be abated by his silence. And then he began to suffer deep within his heart, to a point of weariness. He learned that it is better to suffer opposition from men than conviction from God.
Has the Lord given you a charge my friend? Have you considered putting it aside for fear of what others would say? Are you struggling with God about the task at hand and the conviction within? The lesson from Jeremiah is clear; to find peace with God, obedience is imperative. Otherwise, over time you will grow weary and find a fire shut up in your bones.
You may be torn, but it is always better to obey than to lose your God given peace and suffer from "heart-burn"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment