Sunday, May 8, 2011

"If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it." -- Jeremiah 18:7-8
On many occasions, Israel was given opportunity to repent. Time and again she chose to follow her own plans. Yet, even after declaring a chastening work upon the people, the Lord expressed hope to the repentant. If they would turn from evil, the promise of forgiveness was available.
Have you found yourself in a place of no return my friend? Do you believe that all hope is gone and the Lord will not accept your repentance? Well, the God of Jeremiah is still the God of today. He is merciful and forgiving to all who will turn from evil and come to Him through Jesus Christ. 
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace" -- Ephesians 1:7  "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." -- 1 John 1:9 Forgiveness is only a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment