Monday, February 14, 2011

"For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” But you were unwilling," -- Isaiah 30:15
I had knee surgery a few months ago. Afterward I was determined to get going right away. I attended rehab with high expectations and I pushed myself to get back to normal. But, when things didn't go so well, I came to realize that healing would take time and I would need to rest in the care of the Lord and allow his hand and time to take a restoring course. I needed to be still and know that He is God. (Psalm 46:10)
As Israel fought the challenges that were surrounding her, as she fought the chastening hand of God as well, she pushed herself with the help of everyone but the Lord. She chose to run, run, run and seek shelter with those who needed shelter themselves. In the midst of the turmoil, the Lord prescribed the cure for the sinful and stubborn heart. “In returning and rest you shall be saved". They needed to be still and know that He is God.
Are you working and driving yourself, seeking to overcome the pain, heartaches or struggles of life my friend? Just as our salvation comes from returning to and resting in Jesus, our strength comes from quietness and trust in Him. Stop running... and be still. Know that He is God, then be at rest and be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment